Friday, June 14, 2024

2024 Scavenger Games

 

6-14-2024

Each year public libraries submit an Annual Report to the state detailing our finances, both income and expenditures, staffing, and programming. The state uses that data for various reasons most importantly related to funding and accountability.

This week’s summer programming kicked off and giving us plenty to report come January. Monday alone, we saw 301 patrons at signing up for the SRP and attending the three programs for that day. I was so drained that I picked up a pizza on the way home, thank you Genoa, and ate it while watching Netflix. To put that in perspective, I watch focus on one show at a time. While I have slipped in two seasons each of The Witcher and Bridgerton, The Crown has been that show for at least four years. I simply do not watch television.

It was a wonderful day.

This summer the East Troy Chamber of Commerce is organizing the 2024 Scavenger Games and the ETLPL is taking part. More complete details are available on the Chamber’s website, but in a nutshell teams will be completing a series of challenges at various locations around the Village. The winning team receives $1,000. The games will run on three different dates: June 15th, August 17th , and October 19th. If you prioritize the Puzzle Practice at the library this Saturday, there will be other opportunities.

Miss Maria is working on our task. It will involve logic puzzles and basic knowledge of library organization. My focus is on my costume: total old school librarian which means I have to finally master the bun and can’t cut my hair until the last game is over. Perhaps it’s good that I actually need reading glasses so that’s already covered. I have my cardigan picked out as well.

Last week’s article listed all of the programs for what was the upcoming week. Doing so took up the half my minimum word count. This week, I will omit specifics for those that repeat every week (Choose Your Own Book Club, Bedtime Storytime, Lego Club, Preschool Play Group, Teens & Tweens, Friday Storytime) and highlight the two that change.

Saturday, June 15th beginning at 10:00 – Puzzle Practice: This is technically related to the puzzle competition later this summer, but also just an opportunity for groups of puzzle lovers to put one together without taking up their own table space.

Monday, June 17th at 1:30 – Snake Discovery

Reading Now: One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories by BJ Novak

Listening to Now: Beware the Past by Joy Ellis ( DCI Matt Ballard #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

New on BadgerLink

  9-6-2024 It seems fitting to write an article about BadgerLink resources the week school starts up again. The databases offered are very...